[Gpdd] MISC Tinsel. Thankyou everyone.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Aug 24 07:38:05 EDT 2007

I was overwhelmed by the number of emails, cards and posts that I received following the loss of my dear Tinsel. I would like to thank EVERYONE for their kind messages, each of which brought more tears but I want you to know how much I appreciate your words of comfort.

I cannot sit around and mope as the next client might be subsidising a trip to the vet or some bales of hay or I might come home to find a new Piggyfriend waiting on the doorstep with his belongings in a knotted hanky on a pole.

Lilac and Lavender seem a little lost without Tinsel but their short time with her has helped them immensely. They are no longer the terrified little unwanted babes that arrived here but have grown in confidence. Lavender now comes out and shouts for food along with Sapphire and Teazel and although Lilac will probably always be a little shy she no longer hides in the pigloo waiting for the food to be pushed in for her but joins in with the "group eating". The babes have grown so quickly that when I was cleaning out the next door pen, for a moment I thought that I saw Tinsel as Lavender is similar in colouring and is also an Abby. I'm sure that there will be times when I call the wrong name when I do the morning routine of " Carrot for Gulliver, carrot for Sam etc..........." as I go round the pens checking on them all.

To Jaime, I hope that you are doing OK. An old friend used to say "We must all keep on keeping on" so just take one day at a time. I hope that you will be able to carry on with your work for animals. If you cannot manage something close to home, perhaps you might consider an organisation like IFAW or WSPA who always need people to write letters and sign petitions. It really can make a difference. Maybe one day you will feel able to re-home another little piggy or a hamster and save a little life but in the meantime take good care of yourself.

Nicholle. That was a truly inspiring story. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all.

I can't join in with the corn debate as the Piggyfriends seldom have any. I have tried growing it but here in soggy England the chances of success are not good as our season is so short. My family have the Jolly Green Giant form from a can but it is not the same as a fresh cob straight from the garden. The taste begins to diminish as soon as it is picked so the supermarkets cobs can stay where they are.

Birdie, I forgot to ask you to amend the Roll Call for Tinsel but I am sure that you have already done this.

Time to go and earn a bale of hay. Thank you again for your words of sympathy.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.

Living vicariously through guinea pigs.