[Gpdd] MISC - Film

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 12:35:20 EDT 2007

Hi Julia.  I saw the advert about this already and to be honest I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

  I'm glad to see Guinea Pigs get recognition for a change as up till now it's been Rodney in the Dr. Doolittle movie that people seem to associate with GP's.  Hopefully, the new movie will have some "positive press".

  Do you remember the movie 101 Dalmations and all the people who suddenly wanted the dalmation breed of dog?  A lot of people didn't do much homework to find out that they are usually very hyper and high energy when young and can be difficult to train.  As I remember there was some serious over-breeding going on and many many wound up in shelters.  We all know what happens there.

  I also wonder what will happen to all the "actors" in the movie when they're done with them.  Anyway, we'll see what happens when the movie comes out.

  Just my two cents worth.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug