[Gpdd] HEALTH: Ryvvir has ovarian cysts |(

Willowstorm25 at aol.com Willowstorm25 at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 14:33:14 EDT 2007

I am mad.  I just went to the vet this morning and found out that my  little
Yvvi is suffering from at least one ovarian cyst.

Her behavior changed in the last few weeks, very irritable and aloof, and  in
the last week she's been eating less and sleeping more, and whining and
kicking every time I touch her.  Craig woke me up at midnight last night to  let
me know she was grunting, because we have never heard her do that  before.

This morning I took her to the vet and he palpated her tummy and found a
mass on her right side.  He believes that this is what's caused the change  in
her behavior, and that if I let it go, she will eventually stop eating and
waste away.  He said there are two options, HcG hormone shots, which have  the
potential for causing other side effects such as a fatal uterine  infection, or
spaying, which may likely kill her.  But regardless of my  decision, there is a
high risk of complications, and chances are, she won't be  with me for too
much longer.

I called Craig at work when I got home, I don't know why.  He is so  busy at
work and I knew there was nothing he could do. I was just so angry I had  to
tell someone. I just don't know what to do.  No matter what I do I will  hurt
her, and I am so angry right now.  My sweet little Button Nose.

Has anyone here had experience with hormone therapy for ovarian  cysts?  What
was the outcome?  Good?  Bad?

I just need to know what I should do, because right now, I am at a loss,  and
we are limited as to what we can afford in terms of treatment.  I feel  like
a creep that I have to think of it that way, but I have no choice.

Please, someone write back with some guidance.  I really need it right  now.
Thanks.

Nicholle, Slave to Ryvvir & Chuqui