[Gpdd] HEALTH Yaya

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Aug 24 16:35:57 EDT 2007

Janneke, Lovely pigtures as usual. My girls especially love the pigtures of Jan the Boar, of course.

I've probably mentioned this before ( the memory is not what it was ) but have you tried Septrin antibiotic, which tastes nicer? This is the one that the CCT and my Rodentologists use. I have had some success with the barley water in the past but also use the ladies' cystitis remedy from the pharmacy for the piggies. I'm sure that you have these in the Netherlands. There are several brands, one of which is called Cymalon. They come as several little sachets in a box and for a piggy the dose is 1/4 sachet in an egg cup of water, given a little at a time, for 2 days. This has worked for Gingerbread, who sometimes has cystitis and can get very wet. You know how long her coat is and it can get rather messy.

Congratulations to Suus on becoming a LAPS piggy. Daisy is delighted as most of the LAPS members are boys and she will have more opportunity to talk about girlie things at LAPS meetings.

I suspect that plans are already being made for a trip to Suus's birthday party as the Piggyfriends had already read the email when I got home from work. Not so far for them to travel this time. That was a long trip to the Olympigs!

Love to the Winky Team,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.