[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge How can the loss of ONE single star make the night so dark?

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 20:47:09 EDT 2007

To those of you that might remember me, my name is Joseph  Petrillo and was
GEORGE the guinea pigs daddy. As you will recall, he crossed  the Bridge in
Sept. of 2004 and his beautiful wife ANGEL not too much  after that. It's gives
one cause to think just how powerful a heart can be when  it is broken. By I
have not come to speak of these little ones but  rather of ANGEL" sisters,
SOPHIE and ELSIE also known as "ELSINA"  Collectively just as the JOLLY RODENTS had
a nick name so did these three little  girls, they were the GIRLIE GIRLS.
Their mother was Carol and she cared for them  without fail. I call them sisters
although only two were. SOPHIE not too  long ago became ill and crossed the
bridge where GEORGE and ANGEL met her.  She was such a special little girl with
beautiful blue eyes. I'm sure the three  of them were happy to be together
again. Several days ago, ELSIE had  developed bumblefoot and had been being
treated for congestive heart failure and  doing this at the incredible age of 7
years and 4 months. ELSIE held a special  place in her mothers heart. not more
loved just a "special place" and Carol  feeling something was not right went
home lunch time a couple of days ago and  found ELSIE unable to stand. She
immediately brought her to the vet where she  had to make the most difficult
decision of her life as I am SURE some of you  have. ELSIE needed to be helped across
the bridge and to say goodbye was more  than I think I could have done. But
the real love comes through at times like  this when your little ones suffering
is too great for ones selfishness. Such is  the love Carol had for ELSIE. So
as Carol Carefully held the little girl, she  had the vet administer gas to
put her to sleep and as she told her  of SOPHIE, ANGEL and GEORGE waiting to
help her across the bridge and  when she was SURE she was asleep the vet
administered the help she needed. It is  difficult to writ through tears but she
deserves this respect. So it is  with deepest regrets we offer Carol our sympathy.
And in closing I ask this  of each and every one of you. TREAT your little
ones every day like you know it  is their last day and when that time comes, you
will never feel there  was one more thing you could have done for them.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, GEORGE the guinea pigs daddy  forever