[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: SNOWBALL

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Sun Aug 26 11:25:14 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I hate sharing this sad news, but I know Snowball would want his special
friends to know. It seems that it was his time to make his way to the
Rainbow Bridge. He was having a lot of difficulties swallowing his
syringe-fed Critical Care in his last two days. I took him to work on
Friday and was able to give him food every two hours. He seemed to be
perking up at mid-day, but by the time we arrived home at 7:00 he was
not doing well. I gave him his daily dosage of MetaCam for pain but it
didn't help him take in more food.

His vet Dr. Fronefield was able to meet us at his clinic at 11:30 pm and
did a lot of things to try to lift our boy out of a rapid decline.
Snowball's temp had dropped to 95. from the normal 99-100 degrees. Dr. F
packed warm water in surgical gloves on his sides, gave him 120 cc of
warm subcutaneous fluids, a Vit C shot and an injected pain medication.
Very good at explaining everything and why. I planned to meet him for
Snowball's regular teeth trim at 8:00 the  next morning

On the way home I stopped at the Kroger to get some rice to heat up
inside socks to pack by Snowball's sides and some Pedialyte to keep his
guts moving. But I think by the time we got home my sweet baby was
already gone. I'm not sure about that, because he had been through so
much, that I did not take him out of his cuddle cup. He had his head
down, so I just put the warm packs by his sides and felt his ears and
covered him with his Christmas blankie. Three hours later I got up to
check on him and knew for sure then that he had gone.

Snowball had five good years, and added so much to our family that we
will miss him greatly. His happy little face and funny ways brightened
our lives. He was such a nice guinea pig, so calm, sweet with little
Apache, never bit us, like to be petted and held, loved his food. He was
our little king of the living room.

Well I have a lot more to say about my dear little friend Snowball but
that's enough for now. It's just that you all have added so much to his
life and our life together that I had to tell you as soon as possible to
help get some closure. We love you Snowball! Thank you for sharing your
life with us!!!

Much Love from Carla, Apache, Tony, and Fluff