[Gpdd] Health:Lady Bug part deux

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 23:57:59 EDT 2007

First of all I want to thank every one who sent good wishes to Lady Bug.  We have some great news, some bad news and some "we don't know yet" news from U C Davis.

  The great news is, yes, she has ovarian cysts but they are not bothering her at this point so we'll leave them alone and she will not get spayed, at least not yet.  Possibly never.

  The bad news is that she has cysts as well as an enlarged kidney.  Again, it's not bothering her so at this point anyway, it's benign and just something to be watched.  She also has a large cyst on her adrenal gland.  The we don't know yet is that right smack dab in the cyst on the adrenal gland is a small very bright white spot that just might be cancer.

  A full battery of tests was done including x-rays, urine, fecal and blood in addition to the ultra-sound.

  Not that I don't anyway, but I will watch her like a hawk and if there is any change before her next ultra-sound in 3 months, she'll go back to Davis.  In another 3 months it should be easier to assess the white spot.

  I'm so glad I took her to U C Davis as their equipment is so much better than the equipment any vet can afford.  It is so much more precise.  Their equipment showed things missed in both the x-rays and ultra-sounds I've already had done.  I assure any of you who might be thinking along these lines, it ain't cheap brothers and sisters.  Today was $525.00.  Add that to the over $2,000 I've already spent and WOW!!  I don't begrudge the Bugster a nickle of it, and her presence is worth every penny, but it sure is hard coming up with the money.

  Anyway, the doctor also found a small amount of arthritis in her knees, shoulders and back so she prescribed Matacam.

  That's where the Lady Bugs health is now.  To be continued in 3 months.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug