[Gpdd] MISC More Pig Ignorance

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Aug 30 08:08:03 EDT 2007

The first person to arrive at work at my local animal shelter found several cardboard boxes of piggies dumped outside the gate.

Luckily we don't have many predators in England but we do have foxes and cats, it could have rained in the night and the weather is not that warm at the moment plus the little piggies could have gnawed through the boxes.

How much effort would it have taken for the person who left them there to have waited until the shelter was open - it is open every day - and carried them into reception, where they would have been accepted with no questions asked.

I dread to think what might have happened to these precious piggies and expect a call from Leigh, who is in charge of the small animals section, when they have been assessed, treated and quarantined. "Do you think that you could possibly squeeze in another piggy or three?"

When we all spend fortunes on veterinary care for our piggies and nothing is too much for them, it breaks my heart to find out about such irresponsible people. I suppose that we should be thankful that the piggies were not just turned out to fend for themselves but it might only have involved a moment's embarrassment for the person who left them there do have done the right thing by them.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.