[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Re: Lady Bug - Cystic Kidneys

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Thu Aug 30 20:48:22 EDT 2007

Lady Bug sounds like she has the same think as my Emily did. She was
a very lumpy piggy. At first she had a few lumps that were fatty
lumps. I didn't have them removed. They never bothered her. But later
her kidneys became enlarged and were cystic.  One didn't have to do
with other. The vets always wondered about her because even though
she was so lumpy she never was ill. She did get a few bladder
infections and a few eye infections. But they never amounted to much.

As she got older they did a kidney function test. And much to the
vet's surprise they were working perfectly. She lived most of her
life with lumps and lived to 5 and 2/3.

I would be concerned about the Metacam because I believe it can be
either hard on kidneys or liver.

Evelyn