[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/ONE home still needed/Looong

blaaco at yahoo.com blaaco at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 10:48:15 EDT 2007

Hi All,
It has been a while since I last posted.Many of you
might remember my rescue was up to 17 at one point
last year,also during extreme health issues and it was
very difficult.As you remember I had 4 adults already
in rescue when I took in Lucy,Ethel,and Onyx who
apparently were not separated prior to taking
them.Then Lucy and Ethel both had 5 beautiful babies
from Onyx putting me at the 17.Well,as of Tues.I have
gotten all but 4 pigs adopted out to wonderful
homes.To date,I have been left with Smore(F)who will
stay as a permanent resident,Daddy Onyx,and his 2 sons
housed together Wiggles&Alfalfa.We all have fallen
madly in love with Onyx and had pretty much decided he
would never end up leaving unless Saint
Teresa came along.LOL He has been the sweetest mush I
have had in many many years and by far the favorite
around here.
Tuesday am I went downstairs as always to turn on the
boys full spectrum lighting and check on them.Onyx was
not acting right.He was squeaking in pain and
clenching up for some unknown reason.I checked him
over,all seemed fine till I checked yes,his penis.It
didn't look normal and odor was present.I immediately
took him to the vet.Long short,bacteria was present
around the area but apparently very rare to see in
pigs,and not knowing why either.Their cages are
cleaned every 3 days.Vet said he usually sees things
like this in cats and sometimes dogs but never a
pig.The sheath area around his penis was abnormal and
almost pustule looking.
Anyway,he was sent home on a safe antibiotic twice a
day and a cleaning solution for twice a day as well
and to observe him carefully. By Wednesday morning he
clearly wasn't feeling well,was worse,and wouldn't
eat,not even his carrot.I called the vets again.As
also advised I lined his cage with white paper
towels.He did
not pee all day.At 3(I had to wait for the vet to be
back in the office)we went right back.The vet said his
bladder was full and something was obstructing,very
bad! Onyx had an ultrasound. He had a large tumor in
his bladder causing the obstruction and diagnosed with
bladder cancer and had to be put down.The vet said it
is very rare,they usually do not see it because she
said "the average owner" wouldn't have noticed
anything wrong or brought him in right away and just
found him dead in his cage,which is why they usually
do not see so many cases of this.At just 2-2 1/2 years
old we lost our sweet boy and also hundreds of dollars
later! Heart wrenching! I miss him terrible already.
Now,we still have Onyx's 2 sons,"Wiggles&Alfalfa" now
1 year old still in need of their forever home if
anyone out there is interested.They are both very
sweet boys,like their daddy,all jet black,Healthy and
gorgeous.
Once these boys are placed in their forever home I
will open my rescue again for a "intake" but not until
then.It is just too hard around here to place them.I
just have to do one or two at a time now.
Thanks to all who reached out to me over the past year
during a hard time and supported my drooling rescue
efforts.
In closing,I also have several cages for sale,am
trying to sell several of the smaller size cages to
buy one BIG one for Wiggles&Alfalfa.
Thanks all,
Beth
"Mrs.Doolittle's Rescue"
607-217-4843
Conklin,NY.13748

Owned By:
U2  "Dori" (White Chicken)
CAG "Oliver"
Lovie "Peaches"
Tiel "Snow"(Ben's Birdie)
Std.Poodle "Ryan"
Katrina Mutt "Dixie"
Snowshoe "Mia"(Elisha's Kitty)
Guinea Pigs "Smore"(Ben's Piggy)"Wiggles&Alfalfa"(Available for adoption)MAYBE...LOL........
Hubby "John" and 2 Rug Rats "Elisha & Ben"
God Bless All Creatures Great & Small,We Too Love Them All!