[Gpdd] Health: Rosie

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:35:54 EDT 2007

I wanted to send a thank you to all of you who have offered advice on why
Rosie is losing weight and all the well wishes that have been sent our way
too.  All of it is a great help and comfort to us.

I have her scheduled for surgery on Thursday.  This gives me some time (on a
holiday weekend no less) to do a little more investigating into her
problem.  I'm fairly certain that I have exhausted all known options
included malabsorbtion in her intestines.  There's just no other reason for
her to be losing so much weight.  I hate the idea of surgery, but I hate the
idea of her wasting away even more.  What to do, what to do...

She was down to 850 grams this morning (she's usually around 970-1000
grams).  So I've been giving her all kinds of food and she's packed it all
in to weigh up to 900 grams this afternoon.  She can lose a lot overnight.
My husband and I have taken to setting our alarm to get up every few hours
to make her eat.

I will meet with the vet on Wednesday to discuss surgery and any last
options left.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not malignant.

Sigh...

Piggy kisses and lots of Thanks,
Maren, Rosie, and Charlie