[Gpdd] BRIDGE: "Little Munch"

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Fri Aug 31 14:16:02 EDT 2007

I am sad to announce that Little Munch has gone to the Bridge.  Little
Munch was brought home by a lady's cat.  She didn't know what it was but
it seemed to be alive and well.  She took it to a nearby vet to find out
what it was.  They told her it was a baby guinea pig and suggested she
contact my vet because he handles "exotics."  When the lady, Wendy, said
something about taking it to the pound, Laurie (vet assistant) told her
to give her a few minutes.  She called me and told me about the little
GP and I arranged to pick it up after work.  It still had a bit of the
umbilical cord attached so Little Munch was only a day or so old.
Little Munch was eating lettuce and carrot well the night I brought her
home but in the a.m. she was not looking good.  I was taking Kurlee to
the vet the next day anyway, and took the little one along with me.
Since I didn't know what sex it was, I wasn't able to give it a proper
name (it would have been Karma if a girl, Komet if a boy) so I just
called it Little Munch.  Laurie and the vet did all they could with
feeding it etc.  Alas, she continued to deteriorate and we had doubts
she would even make it through the night.  She did make it to everyone's
surprise and I took her back to the vet so that they could take care of
her until after I got through work.  We don't know exactly what caused
her death but we suspect that there may have been some damage done by
the cat that didn't show up immediately and her ordeal just finally
caught up with her.

Little Munch, you weren't a Munchee for very long but I will always
remember you and love you.  I know the other Munchees at the Bridge will
welcome you and watch over you and you will not be hurting anymore.   I
am so sorry you did not have more time here on earth with me and the
other Munchees.

Kacee and the Munchees 11