[Gpdd] Misc:Apology

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 22:48:44 EDT 2007

I would like to apologize to all on the Digest that I have not responded to.  Welcome to your new babies, I'm terribly sorry for the losses that seem to be going on, and happy birthday/adoption day to all I may have missed.

  Birthdays and adoption days are happy occasions while the losses are hard to bear for a long time.  My heart goes out to you.  Maren, I hope for the best with the upcoming surgery you are facing.  It's so scary.

  I've tried to respond but frankly, I've been immersed in emailing questions to people and doing research to find out as much as I can given the latest health report on my little fur face.  Thanks to tips I've received (including one from here) LB's dose of Metacam has been reduced.  Turns out that while it can relieve pain, it can also be nasty stuff long term if not watched.

  On another forum today I read of a little fur baby that had a spay today.  In her case it was necessary.  The baby came out of the surgery just fine, was eating and all seemed ok.  The GP was sent home and was a little sluggish but that could have been the anesthetic.  She died a few hours later, causes unknown at this point.  The surgery was done by a very experienced vet who has done many many spays and even did one on another of this persons sows just a couple of months ago and all went well.  You just never know.

  I wanted to cry as that could have been Lady Bug.  I went over and picked her up, even though she was eating lettuce and not happy about it, and just hugged and kissed her.  As of last weekend I was all prepared to have Lady Bug spayed.  I will always be glad I went to U C Davis and had the tests done.  It has saved my little fur face and myself a lot of grief.

  Anyway, now I think I've gotten as much info as I can, I can start to relax again.  I'm sure you all know how long it can take to get answers to emails.  The stress has been killing me.

  Again, I'm sorry for the sickness and losses and very joyful birthday/adoption days to all.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug