[Gpdd] Health-bladder stones please help!

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 6 15:44:16 EST 2007

Hi,

I don't get the daily digest anymore for some reason, so I haven't been on here in a long time.  I'm sure this question has been asked before.  My piggy, Genevyeve, has a bladder stone that we saw via x-ray.  What have your experiences been with bladder stones?  I want our vet to remove it, yet I'm so terrified of a surgery after losing a young male to a routine neuter in March.  My question is has anyone had one pass on it's own?  Right now my vet is running a urinalysis to check the PH he says we might be able to 'dissolve' it via a change in her diet.  Is this true?  She's still passing urine at this time, but it hurts her and there's a little bit of blood, also she squeaks when she poops too.  She's still eating, but not as much, and I'm giving her metacam for the pain, but I need to make a decision asap.  I appreciate any feedback you all can give us.

Thanks,

Lisa Stanley & the San Diego 11