[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Six again

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 10:18:08 EST 2007

Hi Friends:
There once was a movie called "With 6 You Get Eggroll".  I don't know  how
that applys to my situation, but now I have 6 piggies - again.  Kind of  long
story short:  Went to PetSmart to get piggy food after work last week  - they
were out of power.  Tried local (icon) feed store that has been here  for a
gazillion years, and they had gone out of business - (overnight?! - I had  been in
there just 5 days prior & nothing was said!).  So, proceded  down the street
thinking "oh poop" - now I have to go to the next town, when I  remembered
that there was another local pet store down that street.  The  street has been
under heavy construction (our town has the monopoly on  those orange coney
things!), so many people had been avoiding the area as much  as possible.  Well,
the pet store was closing - everything was marked down  50 to 75% off.  There
were two dogs in there and several piggies.  The  piggies were selling for
$4.95.  There were several people in there buying  piggies - all looked okay - so I
stood around got some bedding and played with  several of the piggies,
secretly checking their situation out.  All of a  sudden, something caught my eye.
They had set a little boy off by  himself in a small aqaurium thing.  When I
asked about him and they said he  was fighting with the others - well, duh! -
he had been right next to several of  the females!  Anyway, I petted him and
talked to him for a while and then  left - as I had other errands to do.  That
is where that other thing steps  in to the mind, call it what you want - God
talking to me - a conscience, who  knows - I just could not stop thinking about
him!  All of a  sudden it hit me - oh dear me, piggies marked down that low
can quickly  become something's dinner!  So, the next day - back I go.  I got
piggy, water bottle, holder, aspen bedding, and 5 pounds of pellets (that he
was  on - I'll slowly get him off of that junky brand) - all for $13.95.
Warning folks - piggies are at least $30.00 (here anyway) - so if you see
them for less, be aware.  They could be sold for other purposes than to  have a
loving home. (In defense of the store - I do not think they had that
knowledge).  Anyway - so now I have a little, very sweet, solid  black (except for a
very small patch of tan) boy in my life again.  He is a  guestimated year old.
He is in a seperate cage for now - but will be  introduced to the others in
about a week or so.  He is healthy - and oh, so  sweet - and very active!  His
name is:  Houdini  - I have posted too long - so the story about how he got
his name will come  later.  Now, I guess with 6 I have eggroll - -or a larger
fresh hay  and veggie bill - or....  Well, he is safe and is very loved.
Happy Holidays - Donna - Huck, Becky, Thatcher, Big Jim, Aunt Polly,  and
Houdini