[Gpdd] Bridge: Sunshine, Condolences for Cindy

cmartinez36 at comcast.net cmartinez36 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 8 20:47:09 EST 2007

Dear Cindy,

We just want to add our condolences on the loss of your Sunshine. I can't even read his name without smiling and thinking, "Oooohhhh." So I'm sure losing him is very much like losing the feeling of the cheer, warmth and happiness of a sunny day.

And of course there is the sweet song, "You are My Sunshine". Surely little Sunshine knew how much you appreciated his sunny presence in your life. I know the sadness and loss you must be feeling right now. Surely you will find a way to honor Sunshine which will help heal those feelings. And you will come to peace and hold in your heart the many happy memories of your Sunshine.

I just found a book at the bookstore called "The Souls of Animals" by Gary Kowalski. Haven't started reading it yet, but the subject sounds interesting for all of us who love our guinea pigs more than others can understand. One quote on the back from Dr. Michael W. Fox says, "This is an important book because it is so revealing of the animal soul that touches ours when we are open and receptive. In the process our own souls are enriched." So we feel your pain when that connection is suddenly gone. It was very good of you to help your baby cross to the bridge.  I hope that you are reunited at the right time.

Wishing you Sunshine in your heart forever,
Carla, Apache and Remy