[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT:New Squeakers

family.duffy at virgin.net family.duffy at virgin.net
Sun Dec 9 16:28:26 EST 2007

I am pleased to announce that two new squeakers have joined the herds here. They are Hovis (brown with a white blaze) and her sister Domino (black with white patches, and looking remarkably like Tiffin on her left side!). They can be seen at www.squeakers17.blinkz.comThat is the good news. The bad news is that they are NOT from the group of 107 guineas rescued from one house by the RSPCA. The lady from the Reading rescue told me about the 107 needing homes and asked me if I could take any. I said I had room for two. However, when the RSPCA person found out that my guineas live outside some of the time, she wouldn't let the Reading lady give me them. I am officially an unsuitable owner! I think my guineas have the best of both worlds - fresh air and the sun on their backs in good weather, and a thermostatically heated shed for cold or wet days. I remember Peter Gurney ranting about the RSPCA in England, and this is yet another example of their poor judgement. If they are intending to find 107 places in homes more suitable than here, then they will need some luck! I tried not to let it bother me, as I know several animal lovers who have been turned down by the RSPCA for ludicrous reasons, but I wasn't doing too well until I took in Hovis and Domino from a different rescue (NOT affiliated to the RSPCA). Now I'm happy again, because if I'd had the original two then I wouldn't have had room for these. I just feel sorry for the ones I wasn't allowed. They could have had a wonderful life here, but instead they were taken back to the rescue to await a better adopter.Stefanie and The Surrey Squeakers