[Gpdd] Silly: Chicago

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:13:41 EST 2007

Hi cavaretplayers and audience,

You guys dont have to worry about not knowing the whole plot. You can do other scenes from other movies and plays too! I'm still doing the elephant scene from moulin rouge. Chessi, if your alter ego chester would like to do the shakespeare monologue (or charlie), he is very welcome to! Offcourse we'll end big with the rumblestrut blues. Anything goes in the Cavaret!!

But.. if you'd like to know the whole plot, you can find it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_(musical)
Personally i like the character of roxies husband Amos hart (who doesnt get killed btw) the poor guy is used by her (she cheats on him, then takes his money and makes him believe she is pregnant of his baby and then leaves him without anything) and he sings this very sad song, called mr cellopfane. Because he is always ignored. If i remember it correctly it was with white gloves (very nice visual effect in fosse's mostly black and skin setting). Btw, the laywer guy's name is billy flynn (mr gere)

The scene i thought we were going to perform, is the cellblock tango: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCZEmfnE-M
(if you have slow internet connection, give your computer a bit of time to create a buffer, it's a really cool scene). Please not that the lady who says 'single he told me? single my ass' (my preferred part) is a ginger girl ;-) just like me. More scenes are definately possible, we're guinea pigs after all, nothing ever goes as planned and we do what we like anyway ;-). (to the attending audience, please dont bring food to throw on stage during the show...i fear that everything (practicing etc) will be in vain if you do.

Igor/Igorina

From: Algernon07 at aol.comDate: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 04:40:50 -0500Subject: Silly: ChicagoTo: gpdd at gpdd.org; bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk; jaaladog at bellsouth.net; jannekestaaks at hotmail.com; pandameisje at gmail.com; suzy at dunser.com; faststats at faststatschecks.comHeya All! Jolly Rodent Chester (or Chessi) here.           I know I wanted a male role but Charlie has the better body for dancing.      It has been probably 3 years since whee and our mum have seen Chicago and we don't remember the details well. Only that lawyers have their very fancy tricks and one day's celebrity murderess is the next day's old newspaper headline. If Matron Momma Morton is a really cool and meaty part I'll do it. I'm weighing in at 3 lbs.8 oz now. Or if one of the Merry Murderesses is a better part, well, but I'm not a slender pig but could fake it maybe. (Chesti, remember --wheeek! wheeeek! and chuckle chuckle.) Like Fuglette or Ignorina I wanna be a star! So does Charlie (I mean, Charlette) but he says that playing Richard Gere's part is being a star. Neither of us want to be a dead husband. (Didn't Roxie kill him or did she kill someone else? See how bad our memory is. She wanted to be famous, too, and look at where it got her!)Chessi, Jolly Rodent-ess**************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.(http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)