[Gpdd] [Health] Doris - Three Days After Dental

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 15 11:54:47 EST 2007

Hi all,

This is the third day after Doris got her molar spurs
filed, and she is still not completely back to normal
in terms of eating.  She is certainly eating much
better than she was, but I'm not sure if she is eating
any hard pellets yet (I'm providing some regular dry
ones and some that have been moistened to soften them
a bit).  And almost everything she eats more slowly
and carefully than she usually does.

I now know that she had probably been experiencing
some tooth problems for a month or so before this, so
I guess it's not too surprising that it would take
more than a day or two for her mouth to heal --- I'm
just worried that the vet might have missed something,
and I do NOT want her to have to go back under
anesthetic anytime soon!

I am continuing to syringe feed some Critical Care
(which she fortunately likes a lot and is quite
co-operative taking it) but just once a day, to
supplement and make sure she's getting her vitamins.
She *is* eating quite a bit of hay and pretty much any
amount of veggies (chopped celery, carrot, cilantro,
cucumber and red pepper) that I offer...

                                   Pat S.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/