[Gpdd] Announce: Secret Piggies/ Our gifts have arrived THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 01:10:28 EST 2007

Hi Wonderful Secret Piggers,
     This will be very brief because our mommy needs to get some sleep.
Something is wrong with Chester. We took him to the (exotics) vet yesterday and he
doesn't really know what's wrong with him. Mum thinks maybe it was the abrupt
switch from her field hay to Oxbow. Someone threw out the old stuff when the
Oxbow arrived -- mum would have kept it sort of mixed for a while. But maybe it
wasn't that. He just quit eating and pooing and peeing! All very sudden. We
are all traumatized.
     He is on an antibiotic now and had a shot of vitamin C. Vet didn't feel
any obstruction or bloat -- no anal impaction, etc. So all prayers are
welcome.
     Our mommy is trying to get food and water down him. Sometimes he
cooperates but other times he fights the syringe. She's soaked some pellets and adds
more water to make them syringeable but then she tried putting some on her
finger and he was licking some of it off. Eventually he licked a bit on the plate
(tonight's feeding took 3 hours). Someone on the list -- Jaime maybe -- she
got the idea here, anyway, of making little balls and be became willing to
nibble them. He is avoiding his greens tho he had 1 leaf of Romaine today and 1
stalk of parsley which isn't much at all for Chester who loves to eat. He seems
like he WANTS to eat but can't. Vet checked his teeth and said they were ok
but he grabbed a strip of green pepper and shook it like he wanted to take a
bite but couldn't.
     We should wish we could get some good horse hay right now! But I suppose
now he couldn't eat it.
     Oh yes, she's also giving him canned pumpkin. Fiber and calories.

     But that's the bad part. There's an essciting part -- yesterday
Chester's gift arrived and today mine came in the mail. They are so nicely done up!!
We want to thanks our secret Santa piggies very very much. I've been wheeeking
with esscitemitement and Chester is excited too but "cause he's sick more
quietly so. And the cards are wonderful. Liam and Frodo must have worked very very
hard on theirs -- 'cause our Mom said the card itself is a work of art.

     We can't open our presents yet -- we have to wait until Christmas.

     We haven't sent our packages and cards out yet. Alge decided to use
envelopes instead of boxes and she couldn't get anyone (her helpers) to get any
that were big enough. Then Chester's getting sick set things back. And we
ordered the presents we were going to send early so we've had them since the first
of December or close to that. But then we wanted to find and add a couple other
very litttle things. More time lost.
     Anyway, we will have our presents out as soon as we can and we're sure
everyone will have their gifts and cards before Christmas. But special thanks
to all of you who have sent cards and stuff. They have made us all feel very
good. We even got one from across the ocean!!

     Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah or Happy Whatever Holiday you
celebrate from Alge and the Jolly Rodents.

Written by Charlie, Jolly Rodent