[Gpdd] Rescue - 11 Piggers in Westchester

Donna Lenz gypsy1sato at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 17 08:22:04 EST 2007

First,

  Let me send my condolences to the sad families who have lost their little wheekers.  I know it is so hard for us when they cross to the Rainbow Bridge. But when they arrive, they get to run and popcorn through the Timothy Fields, and once they have earned their wings, they fly down and look over us.

  I think losing Herbie the Love Bug to his seizures was the most heartbreaking loss of any wheeker.  He was my first ever baby pig, and after his neuter the seizures began.  Two years of vet visits, before I finally got him to Dr Quesenberry from the AMC.  She cure him in one visit - it was amazing!  Herbie is buried in a back yard, under the most beautiful St Francis Statue I've ever seen.  He has a solar light, so he will never be in the dark.

  But what is the really amazing part of this is - at night the racoons, skunks and foxes come out.  We don't know how many times we turned on the spotlights to see them sitting in front of St Francis as if they are having a conversation.

  For all the little ones who are sick, the girls are sending them healing Wheeks and special piggy prayers that they will be better for Pigmas.

  Rescue -

  We just got word that 11 Wheekers will be coming in from Westchester.  A local family decided to "breed" for fun.  They are out of hand now, and they cannot keep them.  Mom & Dad will now be spayed/neutered - but the rest will be needing homes.

  We're full up here right now - but if anyone can adopt a pig for Pigmas in the area, please personal e-mail me.

  Thanks!

  Annie, Penny, Squeaky and Buttercup (and their Mom - Donna)