[Gpdd] MISC: ?An apology and explanation

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 17 23:11:30 EST 2007

Hello all you wonderfully kind piggy people,

I wanted to take a moment to sit down and write you all  a letter to extend
my very sincere apology for neglecting this list and all that you all put
into it.

Without going into a lot of personal stuff, I will just say that I have been
having quite a few medical tests being done over the last month or so,
related to my diabetes, kidney and the stroke that I HAD A FEW YEARS BACK.
It looks as if I will be having surgery in January and before they can do
it, I have to have a truckload of tests done to make sure I am up to it.
So, in between that, I've been trying to handle Thanksgiving, family,
Christmas party planning, baking 5,000 cookies  and trying to get the house
decorated, etc.,etc.  I'm sure you all know how much goes into the holidays.
But, hopefully, it will be all worth it in the end.  Including the tests.

Please bear with me a bit longer and don't invite me to leave the list.  I
am doing my best.  Honest to God!  And I mean it when I say you all mean so
much to me and I take this list and all of your posts to it and to me to
heart.\

  Now, a couple of things..I haven't read all of the posts yet but I will be
reading tonight and tomorrow and will try to answer all that have asked any
questions.  I did want to thank all of you who offered suggestions on my
dueling pigs.  Sigh.  They are still at it, off and on but seems to be
calming down a bit.  I left them in their same cage and one day, when Sam
was getting ready to eat some fresh veggies I had put in, Tabitha made her
way over to the food box and Sam attacked her!  This time, Earl saw it
happen and when he stopped her by reaching in and removing her from the
situation, Sam *didn't* appreciate it one bit.  She bit him and drew blood.
He popped her on the head and she settled down pretty quick.  She seems to
have gotten the message though because it has not happened since.  And Joan
you were right, it seems to ebb and flow between the two of them.  They take
turns being the "bad pig'.  I feel as if I am running a toddler day care!  I
will tell you more tomorrow but I'm really tired tonight and need to close
this for now.

I did want to thank our Secret Santa for the wonderful gifts that the girls
received.  They were so excited and I will tell you all about their
reactions in my next post.  Thanks and hugs to you and I *think* I know who
it's from but I won't say here.  By the way, if you have not received your
Secret Santa gift yet, hang in there, it's on it's way and I even included
some of my own homemade cookies.  Just so you know they're not pig food. LOL

Hugs, wheeks and winks to all, & a blessed Christmas, Hannakuh or Happy
Holiday too  :)

Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha