[Gpdd] MISC Home for Pigmas

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Dec 19 16:24:18 EST 2007

I called in at our local animal shelter with some spare trees and plants for their wildfowl sanctuary and whilst I was waiting for the estate manager to come and collect them, I had a look around. It is freezing cold here in England and I was glad to get indoors into the warm.

Guess what I found! A little lonely piggy waiting for someone to take him home and love him. He had belonged to some children but they didn't want him anymore :((  He came out of his hidey box to see me and I picked him up and gave him a hug. I asked him if he would like to come home with me for Christmas and be a Piggyfriend and he said "Yes, please!"

I told him that I couldn't take him today as I was about to go shopping and he would be too cold in the car but I promised to go back on Friday to collect him. I will be able to find out some more of his history if this is known.

He is called Grant after some villain in a TV show that I have never seen so that will have to change as he is a little sweetheart. I have two days to think of a new name for him. He is a little black pig with white and brown patches and a little crest and is reputed to be 2 years old. He is about the size of a 6 month old, if that, and needs some fattening up.

Birdie. When I have named him, he can be added to the Roll Call.

Four of my sows live in a huge pen, which has had up to eight residents before so, as he has been neutered at some time in his past, he may like to live with them. I can decide where to put him when I get him safely home.

Midnight and Buttons were to be the last new Piggyfriends until I saw this little fellow so now he will be the last one ( until the next time ).

I will post some more about him on Friday, when I hope that he will be home for Pigmas.

Penny and the Piggyfriends, eagerly awaiting a new friend.