[Gpdd] Behavior: Sammy is chattering teeth now

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 21 13:35:14 EST 2007

Hi y'all,

OK, I'm really starting to get worried and upset now.  Today makes the
second time that I have heard Samantha chattering her teeth at either
Tabitha or me.  I was sitting here reading my digest an making my posts when
I heard the usual ruckus over there at the cage and Tabby squealing. When I
clapped my hands together and yelled, it stopped.  I reached in to se if any
damage was done and I picked up Tabby, who was cowering in the corner again.
She was squealing, which is actually not all that unusual for her.  She does
that every time I pick her up anyway.  But Sammy was one ticked off pig!!
She ran to the other side and when I proceeded to fuss at her, she started
chattering her teeth at me, the little rat!    Once I removed Tabitha from
the cage and moved back to my desk, all was quiet in there again.  Now, she
is in there, eating hay like nothing happened and Tabby is sitting on my
chest, obviously distressed but not physically harmed.  She is wheeking and
fidgeting and running from shoulder to shoulder and acting as if she wants
to go back in there.  I just don't know what to do about this.  I *really*
don't want to separate them, if at all avoidable.  They seem to love each
other but Sammy also seems to be getting more and more aggressive.   Right
now, Tabby is just chattering away to me and is obviously upset.  Not sure
if it is with me for taking her out of the cage or with Sammy for being such
a bully.

Help!

Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha