[Gpdd] SUBJECT: RAINBOW BRIDGE (AGAIN!!!!) - StinkerBelle

matilda matilda at ptsi.net
Fri Dec 21 15:27:57 EST 2007

SUBJECT:  RAINBOW BRIDGE (AGAIN!!!!) - StinkerBelle

I just can't believe this is happening again!  I lost StinkerBelle yesterday morning at about 5:00.  I've lost 4 babies since the last of September, all of them to different causes.  I had my vet do a necropsy, and he said she had the guinea pig version of GDV (Gastric Dilation-Volvulus).  I had started treating her for bloat, but I couldn't get in to see the vet until yesterday morning at 8:30...small town, one vet.  She didn't make it until the appointment.  She just quit eating completely Wednesday morning, but the vet was gone.  She was 4 1/2 years old.  I haven't even been able to write anything about Elvis, Ozzy, and Tigger yet, so I guess I'll write about them all at once (if I can).  I'm so glad I have you guys to listen to my crying.

Marsha