[Gpdd] Merry Christmas to all!

texg at cavyinfo.com texg at cavyinfo.com
Tue Dec 25 01:13:55 EST 2007

I know I lurk a great deal of the time, but I wanted to take a moment
to wish everyone, their piggies and families a very Merry Christmas
and peaceful New Year.

It's at this season when we look back on the year as it fades and
think about what is near and dear to us. Piggies, family, and friends
- like all of you - are what helps define the true spirit of Christmas.

Yes, I've broken a social rule and said "Christmas" instead of
"holiday". But it *is* Christmas, a day of great joy and deep
tradition. I was raised to believe that Christmastime was a time of
magic, of hope, and of trying very hard to make oneself a better
person in the coming year.

When I wish someone a "Merry Christmas!", I am wishing them all of
that magic and hope, plus joy and kindness. Not an insult or slur, not
an inference of some kind of superiority - just a plain "I wish you
joy and peace". No matter what race or religion you are, you must also
have these aspirations to be a better human. Despite what people are
trying to make of it, it's *not* a faux-pas to wish someone a Merry
Christmas if you believe in Christmas. When said as a true greeting,
it is just a simple wish that Humanity may survive and perhaps to
learn to live in some kind of harmony.

And so I say, simply: Merry Christmas. It's ok, really.

Tex