[Gpdd] MISC: A few things and my 2cents worth on Holiday Greetings

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 27 23:09:08 EST 2007

Hello gang,

Wow, it's been crazy here lately, as I am sure most of you can imagine!  We
have been undecorating the house today :( in preparation for all of the out
of towners that are coming in from Tampa this weekend.  ARGH!!  6 adults and
5 kids, including 2 toddlers!  Quick, someone send me a plane, train bus
ticket.  I got to find somewhere much quieter to go!  LOL  My girls just
spoke up and asked that they receive tickets too.

We had a lovely Christmas at my folks house.  They are both alive at the age
of 75 and even more miraculously, still together!              I am so proud
of them for that.  And grateful too.  All the rest of the clan was there and
we had a wonderful meal and enjoyed much fellowship with one another.  This,
I suppose, is a good way to segway into my comments about the various
holiday greetings that people use.  While I am not what I call a religious
person, I am a spiritual and loving person.  I was brought up in a Baptist
church all my life and  retained those teachings, along with a few that I
added in on my own.  I have some beliefs that horrify my mother but I figure
God gave us a brain and expects us to do some thinking with it, right?  I
don't want anyone to be offended by this that I am saying but I agree wiht
the majority of people on this who feel that our country, that was
established by puritans and  that was built on Christian principles and
beliefs, is being forced to give up anything to do with Christianity even
being uttered in schools, courts, stores, or pretty much anywhere else
nowadays.  I have always and will always say Merry Christmas to everyone I
meet unless I know for a fact they are not of the Christian faith or unless
they object to it.  I have a doctor who is Jewish and every year, I bring
him a basket of my homemade goodies, full of cookies, fudge and all kinds of
other pound putting on treats as a gift during the holidays.  But, more
importantly, it is also filled with my appreciation of him, my high regard
for him and yes, my love for him.  And yes, I DO wish him a Happy Hanukah
but basically present him with a Christmas gift.  He takes not offense, but
does take the basket and has brought it back to the office every year and is
always excited to have me refill it!  LOL  Now, he has no problem with me
bringing my Christian gifts into his office and I have no problem with his
wishing me  Happy Hanukah.  In my world, you should live and let live.  Like
if  someone were to wish mea Happy Quansa, for instance, I would not be
offended in the least.  I would be just happy that they are happy and
realize that that is their way of spreading their joy at that time of year.
Please people, if someone does wish you a Merry Christmas, in the spirit of
love and kindness that they are for all intent and purposes, meaning it...
don't take offense.  Rejoice that they are kind, loving people who are only
sharing their happiness with you.St. Valentine's Day is another good
example.  Would you be offended if someone said Happy Valentines Day to you
and you did not have a significant other?  I would certainly hope not!  You
take it in the spirit in which it\'so given, smile and even respond wiht the
same, if you so desire.

OK, that's my
2 cents worth, but I think it went up to about a dollar  before it was over!
LOL  And, I will end by quoting the infamous Rodney King here in the US....
"Can't we all just get along?"  You tell 'em, Rodney!    Live & Let Live...
works every time
\
Hugs, wheeks & winks to one and all,
Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha