[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: condolences, Chester

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Mon Dec 31 13:14:23 EST 2007

Alge and Charlie, it was with much sadness that we read of Chester's passing.  We had so hoped that he would recover, and we are so very sorry that he suddenly quit eating, peeing, or pooping and that the Vitamin C shot and antibiotics didn't help.  Please accept our condolences and please know that you did do the right thing in helping him to the Bridge.  It was very possible, indeed likely, that ice or snow would prevent you from getting him back to the vet in an emergency.  Better to cuddle him and talk to him as he drifted painlessly off to the Bridge rather than to be stuck at home as he perhaps endured a difficult death.  When you made the oh-so-hard decision to have him put to sleep, you had his interests, not your own, in your mind; you were doing what was the most painless thing for him -- although the most painful thing for yourself.  Since you were thinking only of him, that is what matters.  Even if he did have a Vitamin C deficiency (hard to believe with all of the Vitamin C-rich foods he ate), finding your Vitamin C at home and giving it to him for a few days wouldn't have brought him back around, we don't think.  We suspect, that, like our Sunshine, many other things were going on that couldn't be cured.  Please don't second-guess yourself.  Chester had a wonderful life with you and a painless passing with you by his side -- he was lucky to be so loved.

Sadly,
Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday, missing Sunshine