[Gpdd] [SILLY]<virtual events>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:39:12 EST 2007

Hi all,
Yes! I could do with a virtual event! Januari so far has been a bit
depressing. I thought it might be a good idea to explain what a virtual
event is for our newbies.(correct me if i do this wrong, i only experienced
one so far)
First of al, virtual events are virtual. Nothing is real and all that is
said is a product of our overactive imaginations. Our piggies go on an
adventure together and everyone on the list can post his or her account of
what the pig experiences. As I understand it, a typical way of doing this is
that first we choose an event, last time it was the royal wedding of
princess jasmine and prince biscuit. the time before that it was a pignic
(claire could you post the link to your website? It helped me heaps to
understand what was going on).
We also choose a date although that is not the only day that we post about
it, (it's too much fun to limit it to one day ;-) ) btw, i love the idea of
the piggy olympigs, they also take more days.
When the event starts, usually a virtual vehicle comes to pick up every
piggy and the occasional slave (last time it was a plane) Part of the fun
before the event, is arranging where everyone is going to sit and next to
whom. It is also a great opportunity for the pigs to date. (guiny still gets
blurry-eyed when she thinks back about the lovely time she had with her
handsome tea) But you can also meet other piggies with the same interests
(uh..eating). And somehow they usually end up doing the rumblestrut blues
and when they get home some don't tell everything and just get very pink
ears...
I hope you sort of understand and I encourage all to participate, it sure is
a lot of fun.
Anyone suggestions for categories in which the piggies can participate? I'll
keep track of this, if we decide to go forward with the idea.
Just as a set-up:

1. Actual sports (according to the humans)
- Marathon
- sprinting
- hurdling
- poo-tossing

2. piggie specialties
- relaxing and lying around (I need an appropriate name! it includes doing
figures? e.g. the cashew of the double pigberger, maybe with pigtures ;-) )
- eating
- wheeking?

Okay, going for lunch now ;-)
Grtz&wkz