[Gpdd] HEALTH: Plug in male-part?

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 1 12:27:56 EST 2007

Dear Denise

I have two male guinea pigs and Vedra at Cambridge Cavy Trust told me that
it is necessary every now and then to check their penis and make sure no
debris is in or around it.  It sounds like it could possibily be that
Scrappy had a piece of hay stuck up there, and debris had gather behind
that?  Vedra told me of one pig she examined whose penis she had to extend,
and caught all around it was hay that was quite literally 'strangling' the
poor chaps manhood!

However, if you are saying that the worm type thing was stuck in Scrappy's
anus, then that could be worms and will need medication from your vet.

It's all a bit of guess work on my part as to quite what you found, as not
being able to see it, I can't say for sure.  If you still have what came
out, it may be worth showing your vet, or maybe give them a call anyway to
tell them what happened, as they may be able to let you know.

Carole