[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc: Pigmysteries

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 13:44:30 EST 2007

Denise - I agree with Penny, I'm sure what you found was the
  "plug" material. I'm sure Scrappy was much relieved after you
  helped him out.
  Penny - anyone else - do we have an easy method for removing
  said material from their hair? It's not such a problem if it's stuck
  to a long-haired piggie, or to one's tummy (it can be snipped off),
  but we have a bit of the stuff on someone's back (name withheld
  to protect the pig-ocent). Once I was able to catch it early, while
  it was still very soft, but this is hardened, and I don't want to cut
  the hair on the back that close.

  Lisa - Oh, you've found 'Bing!  Surely some remember Bing and
  all his wonderful videos and songs. We posted a link to his website
  on our OP's website - such a talented piggie!  Actually, if I remember
  correctly, they had a regular crew that put all that together - it's the
  'real deal'.

  Jaime - Good for you, posting complaints about those comments! I'm
  glad I missed them. I would guess whoever was crass enough to post
  them has moved on to other victims and will never know their remarks
  were removed, just as well. Someday they'll make a remark to the
  wrong person and get a lesson in manners!  (and I hope some piggie
  bites their toes, too!)

  Janneke - Good explanation of a virtual event. (for those un-initiated)
  Of course, one must also mention the Great Poo Trail and the Trip to
  Cape Alava . . .  isn't that in a book or video somewhere by now?
  aaah, the memories . . . there is a report on one of the Virtual Pignics
  according to Snowy on our website, along with some pigtures that
  were sent back by someone along the way.  I know others will have
  reports of the Pigalympics - I've read some of the reports.  In fact, I
  ran across some of the t-shirts from the Carrotheads uniforms when
  they played baseball on the pignic (is anypig missing their uniform?
  I probably have it here - let me know, and I'll gladly send it to you!)

  All- I just wanted to mention - at our cavy workshop last weekend,
  Guinea Pig 101, some of the people brought their own piggies from
  home. (not sure who they thought was supposed to be the student).
  Anyway, one magnificent piggie is eligible for LAPS!  I gave his slave
  the info, hope she'll soon get him signed up. By the way, MoJo was
  so impressed with this big boy that he begged to go home with him,
  and they've been inseparable ever since!  Of course, MoJo is a big
  boy now (LAPS eligible himself!), old enough to make such decisions,
  so he will likely be taking up residence there. At least he will be close
  enough we can still visit. Next time one of the OP's sends him an
  email, I'll tell them to remind him to sign them both up for LAPS.

  Wouldn't it be neat to have a gpdd video?  Maybe one of these days
  we'll find someone who knows how to do that stuff . . .but in the mean'
  time, we'll have to have our "Bing fix"!
  Wheeks to all,
  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  (now murmuring about pignics and such!)

  The Okie Piggies of Cavy Lodge
  www.okie-piggies.blinkz.com
  (still needing updates, but Snowy's story and pigtures are there!)