[Gpdd] [Health] potential impaction

Laura Carin lcarin at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 3 15:08:25 EST 2007

Several months ago I thought Zephyr might be impacted because his poos were
super mushy and misshapen.  Lots of gpdd people gave me advice and in the
end I realized he was eating too many watery veggies.  His poos have been
fine ever since BUT here and there over the last couple weeks I noticed it
looked like he had a ball of poop that was stuck, but then I would see
normal poops come out of him in front of my eyes so I thought that was fine.
Then last night my husband and I decided to investigate, realizing we had
lapsed on doing normal checks of his bits.  He had a HUGE mass of poop, hair
and I don't know what stuck in there.  We spent about half an hour working
on gently getting it out through soaking his bum area in warm water with
some piggy shampoo, and working with oil and q-tips.  We're going to check
on it again today to make sure we've gotten everything and we're planning to
do regular checks with him and his brother, Felix, every few days from now
on.  My question is, can a piggy poop normally and still be considered
impacted when he's gotten a mass of stuff like Zeph did?  I thought
impaction meant nothing would come out, but Zeph definitely poops a ton
every day.

A concerned Laura and Felix, and an embarassed Zephyr