[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE]New furbabies from Vegas

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 20:14:52 EST 2007

Heeryee Heeryee,
  I want to announce two new babies in the Vegas family.....two female Abyssinians, Madame Leggs and Ms. Jules.....Madame Leggs is about 4 weeeeks old and we figure Ms. Jules is about 2 1/2 to 3 weeeks old. I posted about the Nevada SPCA taking over 100 gp's from a woman's back yard. Well today I took tons of timothy hay and pellets to help with the piggies and walked out with two girls.
  When I walked in they had two gp's in balls that they were showing to a family. I politely butted in and stated that gp's should not be in balls and why, along with not being in excercise wheels. The man stated that people donated the balls all the time. I politely told him that those people didn't know anything about guinea pigs then. He was telling the family they should go out and buy a book on how to take care of them, and I again politely butted in and stated that most books have some wrong info in them and that they should get on the web to do their research. I pointed them to guinealynx and told them about the gpdd.
  The man was very open to what I had to say and thanked me for the information. He was one of the main people who ran the place, by the way he talked. He then stated that there were some females that were babies, that weren't out yet and asked if I wanted to see them. (He said they weren't out yet because they were so small, and he felt confident I could take care of such a small baby and that it would get more care from me then at the shelter). I said no, but he brought them out while I was looking at the dogs. (sneeky) I picked up the smallest of the three (the 2 1/2 week old) and fell in love. They were trying to make sure that they all went out in pairs, since they were use to it. So since I already had everything and these two could room together (my boys are all seperated) I figured why not two.
  These two took to being held right away, since they had never been handled. I had never seen them so small. They are all legs......and so adorable. I am glad I ended up getting two, since they will be seperated from The Boys......
  I was glad to hear from the guy that they weren't just giving out pg's to anyone. He would ask questions and if they didn't know, he would tell them after they gained some knowledge they could come back. It is a no kill sanctuary, so that is great. He was also making sure they weren't going to be a small child's pet......
  What I was thinking is that if you could send some websites my way, I would make up a flyer to take back to the shelter that they could give out when people were adopting gp's. I have the ones I use, which are the same as a lot of you use I am sure. That way this info was at their finger tips....
  Gotta go take care of The Boys now, since the Girls have gotten a lot of attention today.
  We are no longer Gwen and The Boys from Las Vegas
  We are
  Gwen and The Family from Las Vegas
  Comet, Alf, Chip,
  Micki & Minnie (the mice)