[Gpdd] MISC . My first guinea pig

A GREIG greig164 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 4 14:18:14 EST 2007

I got my first guinea pig about 10years ago.  I was
working as a nurse in the community and I visited a
lovely lady who sadly lost her husband.  Her daughter
bought her a guinea pig called Charlie.

Charlie used to sit on her shoulder and watch T.V. and
would get the best of vegetables.  She really doted on
him and he helped her to cope with her bereavement.

I was amazed by this animal because I had not really
noticed guinea pigs before!

I told a student nurse who was working with me that I
was going to get a guinea pig and she got sick of my
talking about it.  It took me two weeks of
delibaration because somehow I knew that if I got one
my life would never be the same again!

I went to the pet shop and saw a fuuny looking pig.
He had one ear pink and one ear brown and was all
sorts of colours.  I didn't buy him straight away but
went home thinking of what I would call him.  I
thought of Picasso because he looked liked a piece of
modern art but I settled on Miro.

I was so excited to go back the next day.  The lady at
the pet shop said she was glad to see him go because
he had been beside his sisters and he spent all day
wheeking at them!  Even when they were all sold he
still would not keep quiet.

Miro was the loveliest friendliest boy and even now I
can shed a tear when I think about him but I am so
glad of a few years of unconditional love from him and
so many have followed as I knew they would!

Anne, Maisie, Bella and Kiaroo