[Gpdd] [Health]<Weight loss/gain - what's normal?>

Liz Kennedy liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 5 00:13:13 EST 2007

Hi Everyone and Everypig,
I know this question comes up a lot, and the general consensus seems to be
that weight loss/gain of an ounce a day or so is normal.
My little girl Phoebe, whom I've had for about 3 weeks now, seems so teeny
tiny compared to my other girls that I've been keeping a real close eye on
her weight.  For those of you who don't remember, about 3 weeks ago Phoebe
had an abcess on her neck, and was on antibiotics for about 14 days.  She
has been done with antibiotics for over a week now.
Phoebe is thought to be around 8 months old.
On 1/27, she weighed 2lbs.
On 1/29, she weighed 1lb 15 3/4 ounces.
On 1/31, she weighed 1lb 15 1/2 ounces.
On 2/2, she weighed 1lb 15 1/2 ounces.
On 2/4, she weighed 1lb 14 1/2 ounces.
Phoebe seems in perfect health.  She's the first one to attack her morning
and evening salad, and I constantly see her munching on hay and eating her
alfalfa pellets.  She also likes her Papaya tablets, and I've seen her drink
on a regular basis.
Does this weight loss seem alarming to anyone?  She was just at the vet 2
weeks ago for her abcess, and he did a fully checkup and said she was fine.
She hasn't been itching at all, or having abnormal pee/poo.
I'm wondering if this is just her still settling into her new house (since I
just got her 3 weeks ago), but I'm not sure.
Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Liz