[Gpdd] MISC: Happy Update

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 13:17:58 EST 2007

Hello Again Everyone,
Well it finally feels like this is going to be a good week in the Osteen
household. Miss Zeussy went back to the vets and they can't find one single
thing wrong with her. Her UTI is completely gone, she has no stones, her
teeth are perfect, her heart, lungs and kidneys are all working perfectly.
My vet said it appears as though Miss Zeussy is a diva and likes the extra
attention she is getting! As a safety measure she is on Meloxcam (sp?) for
10 days just in case she she does have pain anywhere so she will start
eating again. Hopefully this will work, I was just so relieved her teeth
were in perfect shape. Oh, as an added bonus there was the most funny little
boy at the vets with his mom and cat. Appearently they thought they had a
male cat and the vet broke the news to them is was a girl. The little boy
burst out in tears (he was about 4 years old) and started crying that the
cat was not a girl. There was just no convincing him otherwise, so I am
sure his mom is going to have a talk about the difference between boys and
girls pretty soon! The little boy didn't think any of this was funny, but
the rest of us in the office sure did! There is nothing like the logic of a
4 year old! I use to be a preschool teacher and that is just the most fun
age with children!

Oh yeah, one more thing that is great about this week is that Quentin will
turn 3 years old on Thursday. Since we don't know Zeussy's real birthday,
but we think she is about the same age we are going to have a joint piggie
birthday! Okay this has been a long enough post! Leah, we are all so happy
to hear about Brownie Bear! Keep it up little girl!!!

~Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge

Oh yeah about the coroplast, I couldn't get a piece large enough for the
piggie palace I had pictured so we bought a large roll of Linoleum and made
it a custom size. You just have to make sure the piggies can't get at any of
the edges or they will chew them. We have it going about 2 inches up the
outside of the bars on the cage.  I paid under $20 for a huge roll, our cage
is 20 square feet and we had some left over.