[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Duke update

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Tue Feb 6 22:23:32 EST 2007

Hi All, thanks to the many wonderful people who've emailed me i think
i've caught up :o)
It took longer than usual as my vet was away and another did the little
proceedure, she was on the phone constantly to Brendan (usual vet) and
she's so lovely as she kept on apologising to Duke whilst he was asleep
(the assistant told me :o)  ).
He was soo groggy but when he smelt and saw me it was like GRANNY i want
you and food now.  So like a good slave (came prepared of course) i
syringed him his pureed fruits and hand fed some spinach leaves he
munched it down which was great.
Usually he does this and then goes off the food for a few days i'm
hoping this time it's different as i asked for his incisors to be kept
longer so he can at least pick his food up.  Again his silly rear left
molars were the problem.  It's a vicious circle as he's older and not
wanting to eat his hard veggies or his pellets it means he'll have to
have this done regularly.  I've already asked Penny and i think Carole
too if i could kidnap Vedra and bring her to Australia LOL   It's an
expensive exercise but i will continue no matter what until the day he
looks at me and says no more Granny, i think i will know when.  More
importantly it's heart breaking to see this little man just slowly
wasting away he's such a skinny little boy now as i said yesterday, but
he's still got lots of attitude!!!

Duke would like to enter the pigolympics but wants to know if he could
be in the 'older age' bracket and nothing too strenuous unless it's the
section for throwing his stuffed toy on top of his food competition, or
syringe feeding and dribbling out the sides competition LOL

Love and piggie kisses to all our wonderful friends and their slaves

Glynis & Duke (in mem Sully) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx