[Gpdd] MISC: Flying with Piggies

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 7 10:55:28 EST 2007

Dear Lucky

RE: Your email about taking piggies on aeroplanes

The cargo area of a plane will not be warm.  You pig may be distressed there
and you wouldn't be able to monitor this.  It might be that some airlines
will let you keep your piggy with you on the plane if you pay extra, but I
guess you'd have to check with various airlines to see what their policy is.
It may vary one to another.  I do not know what the rules are concerning
making internal US flights, but if you are intending to take your piggies
outside of the US then quarantine rules will apply.  I would imagine each
country may have slightly different rules.  If your piggies were to come
with you to the UK, they would have to spend 6 months in quarantine before
you could return home with them.  When returning to the US, I don't know how
long they may then need to stay in quarantine then, before you can take them
home.  It could be quite a long drawn out process and I am sure your piggies
would miss you like crazy (and you them!).

Hope that helps a little.

Carole