[Gpdd] HEALTH Older piggy

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Feb 7 17:53:51 EST 2007

Anne,

As our piggies age they almost invariably lose weight and muscle tone. I continue to give my "oldies" the best of everything, the same as all the younger pigs, and they often get more lap time when I can give them extra favourite veggies.

One thing that I have found with older pigs is that they often become more "picky" with their food and go off things that they loved in their younger days. My elderly Sylvie, fast approaching seven, will not eat grass anymore, and prefers her dry food and hay above all other things. So I give these piggies more of their favourites.

As long as Bella is enjoying her food I don't think that you have anything to worry about. If she has a favourite veggie or fruit, spoil her and give her an extra bit.

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.