[Gpdd] Misc: Flying with Piggies

calzos calcinos at yahoo.es
Thu Feb 8 10:53:53 EST 2007

Hi, I want you to know something about flying with Piggies in Spain (an advice).
  When I had to travel (with Pqnin), I asked some airlines if I could have my Baby with me, and I remember I had 3 answers; some of them told me "not, just in a cage, in the cargo area (all animals)". Some told me small animals (5 kg. max.) could be with me, if you buy 2 tickets. Some asked me "is it a rabbit? They can go with you. Just rabbits, no guinea pigs". I mean, rabbits can fly with you, in a cage (if you buy two tickets too, not just an extra!), but Piggies can't. It's absurd.
  But, anyway, in cargo area, planes just take two or three cages, it depends; what means, you won't know if yours will be taken, you'll know at the moment, and maybe you two have to wait for the next plane (and tickets/time?). There's no guarantee. Absurd again.
  And, Spanish airports are the best in the wolrd losing your things; it's amazing. A few days ago, a couple from UK lost his puppy dog (he went in cargo area), and they had no replies from company. Just a "lost thing". Crazy. I think they're still in airport, waiting for... a reply?; they lost their holidays and money, 'cos there's a reward (1000 euros, all they had), but that lil' puppy is still lost. I think it was a robbery. Absurd once more.
  So, I didn't want that for Pqnin, and I chose train and ship (no planes), a very long journey, but safe to both. I have no idea about quarantine.
  I wanted to advise you of Spanish airlines and airports.
  Love and wheeeks,

  Cris and the Crew (Cosina, Mochin, mama-Wanda, Choco and Hastur. Bb and Xiki, always)