[Gpdd] Peter Gurney: Memorial Light - March 9th

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 13:14:24 EST 2007

Just giving everyone the "heads-up", that the "light for Peter Gurney", will take place on March 9th.  I promised to be the official "reminder" person, so I'll send out a reminder each week, until March 9th. Peter Gurney was a tireless advocate for guinea pigs, who passed away from cancer last July 1, 2006 in Great Britain.  He wrote many of the books that are our best source of information, and he was probably the best guinea pig authority in the world.

  March 9th was his birthday, and many of us on the GPDD decided that it would be a fitting day to remember and honor him.  Basically, all you need to do is light a candle on March the 9th, in the evening, in honor of Peter Gurney, and a light in his honor will move around the world.

  I never met Mr. Gurney, but many of us have his books, and use his website whenever we have a GP problem.  The GPDDers did a wonderful job with our first memorial candle lighting last July, so mark your calenders for March 9th, and I'll send out a few more reminders.

  Audrey, slave to Master Gordon