[Gpdd] CARE: Death & bonded pairs

bwk keiper at hiwaay.net
Thu Feb 8 17:41:59 EST 2007

Hi everyone. Sorry to not have posted in so long. I'll be brief -- the whole story is
long and sad. Sooty is dying, or will likely have to be put to sleep. She and Silky
are a bonded pair of piggies for years, they were together when I got them as a pair.
Silky is boss pig.

If I do help end Sooty's suffering early, what should I do? Should I let Silky see
Sooty's body? Will she need closure like that -- if she doesn't have it, will she
constantly look for her to come home again? I do understand the process for gp
euthanasia.

Both are older girls. Silky has Cushing's, so introducing a new gp to keep her from
being lonely wouldn't be a good idea because of her immune system.

Any advice on what to do about the closure and euthanasia, and other advice is
appreciated. Letting Sooty live until this kills her would be inhumane.

I have pretty new pictures I took a few months ago of the two that I have been
meaning to put on their page to update it, so I just did, if you'd like to see who
I'm talking about.
http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper/gpigs4.htm

--
Bethany