[Gpdd] HEALTH. Pork Chop and hay.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Feb 8 19:12:49 EST 2007

Is Pork Chop eating her other food OK?  Veggies and pellets? It is a worry if she is not eating hay because as well as keeping her teeth in trim, she needs it for digestion.

It's hard to hazard a guess at her problem without seeing her but I would first check her mouth and teeth. Sometimes a sore mouth will prevent a piggy from eating hard stuff like hay. A mouth ulcer, (easily treated), can be painful and put them off their food. It is possible that she already has a tooth problem which is stopping her from enjoying her hay.

How ever many fresh veggies my herd have, they always want their hay too. It could be as simple as a broken tooth.

Could she be eating her hay when you are not looking? You can tell from the condition of her "poo".

Tell us some more clues!  She might need to see the vet.

I'm glad that you found the egg site. I don't know why it should be different to locate in the US but then I know a lot more about piggies than computers! It is a shame that they don't show all of the ads there.

Good luck with Pork Chop!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.