[Gpdd] MISC: Cats ... and more condolences

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Feb 12 15:48:51 EST 2007

Jemma ~

I almost adopted a cat a while back but when I did some research, I
decided against it.  What I read indicated is that you should never
leave the cat alone with the guinea pigs.  I suppose if your cages are
closed in it wouldn't be too big of a problem although I don't know how
much harassing the cat would do to the cavies.  All of my cages are C&C
cages and are open at the top so I decided against the rescue since it
would have meant keeping the cat in a closed room.  The kitten did find
a good home so it had a happy ending.

I'm sure you'll get other responses for getting the cat but I just
didn't think it was a great idea which is why I never had guinea pigs as
a child.  I didn't think dogs and cats would mix very well.  These days
I wouldn't have anything but guinea pigs even though they don't live
very long.

To those who have lost their piggies, I send my heart-felt condolences.
Each such story of a lost piggy tugs at my heart and reminds me how I
felt when I lost each and every Munchee to the Bridge.  All those
feeling ill, the Munchees and I send healing wheeks!

Kacee, Slave to the Munchee Ten
www.picasaweb.google.com/kaceamundo