[Gpdd] [MISC] guinea pigs and other pets

MEYER DAVID maverik71 at msn.com
Tue Feb 13 13:56:16 EST 2007

Hi everyone. Happy Valentines Day to all!
I just want to make a quick comment on guinea pigs and other pets in the home. I have one large dog, Two birds, two cats and 7 guinea pigs ( three kids too). Almost all the piggies are in open cages. My cats leave the piggies alone. I do believe they are just too big to mess with.
The dog , well , she likes to eat vegies with them. Our first piggy ( Crackers we miss you) would sleep next to our dog . They were the same color .( very cute)
My advice - know the breed dog and training is very important. Socialize - make them a pack -a family.
Kittens are cute and full of energy. Declaw them !!! Keep them indoor so they are not hunters.
Harmony can be achieved but also know your limits so everyone gets lots of love .