[Gpdd] Miscellanous Teddy Issues

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 13:32:52 EST 2007

Mary-  We went through the same thing at first, in the early
  days of the Okie Piggies. Those fancy C&C cages were just
  too much to pass up, soon the OP's had condo's of their
  own. But the upstairs went unvisited for quite a while. I finally
  realized it just took time and patience. Eventually they each
  had their own favorite spot to hang out, but would dash up
  and down at times. To encourage this, I would put treats on
  each level (they had several ramps,  with landings in between,
  so they could take a break - sometimes one of these was a
  favorite hangout!). Occasionally I would simply place Snowy
  or CocoPuff on a different level. Eventually they got the idea,
  and loved it.  Then later, with other pigs, all they needed was
  to see a ramp, or another level, in front of them, and away
  they'd go. I think some are more adventurous than others.
  (or, maybe some are 'less energetic' ;-)
  Give it some time, Teddy will get the idea. Maybe he
  needs a friend to encourage him!  Does he have anything
  else in the cage to climb on? Some like to climb up on top
  of their Pigloos, those little tunnels made of sticks are good
  to hop up on. Maybe he just needs to get in the habit of climbing.
  Let us know how it goes.
  Susi & the Okie Piggies

  ~Fozzie Bear has offered to come show Teddy how
  it's done - he's a 'Teddy' also, and is very athletic