[Gpdd] [health] Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"...

Britt and Brownie Hageman Crazy4Cavy at buckeye-express.com
Sat Feb 17 01:09:45 EST 2007

Oh boy.. what a month +...

It's 1am and I'm not sure if BPP is going to survive the night... Things
have been going downhill this week.. He's been losing more and more weight..
and this morning and this afternoon's feed was very slow going.. this
afternoon he spit some out.. my mom said that she had to stand him up this
morning.. something we haven't had to do in a few weeks.. I woke up around
midnight to feed him one more time before going back to bed and he couldn't
stand at all.. I found him on his side in the corner of the cage.. so he
must have been able to walk a bit to get over there.. I tried standing him
up and he just flopped over time after time:(  When he first got sick I
could stand him up and he would stay standing.. not now.. :( He was walking
after I fed him this afternoon.. It just changed so dramatically.. If he
does somehow survive the night, I'm going to be taking him in to give him
rest... He's fought a HUGE fight this past month or so.. and he's tired..
weak.. and deserving of some rest.. My only huge problem is that I don't
know what to do with him "after"... We had a HUGE snow storm this past week
and we have 1 foot snow drifts everywhere... the ground is frozen.. I really
don't want to cremate him... but I don't know what else to do.. SIGH.. I
figured that it would be pointless to shove food and water down his throat
when he doesn't have the muscle control to stand let alone successfully
swallow food and water.. I figured he'd be happier just with the rest.. I
knew this time was coming.. I've done everything in my power to keep him
alive and happy.. he's just not happy anymore.. I can see it in his eyes.. I
held him tonight and told him that it was okay and that I loved him.. I'm
going to say it again before I go up to sleep.. If I can even fall asleep...
I will update more when I get up in the morning..

Piggie Hugs and Kisses,
Britt & Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"

Remembering at the Rainbow Bridge:
Oreo (4/26/00 - 9/15/02), Jo-Jo (1/24/99 - 5/17/00) and Rumble (1/24/99 -
12/31/00)..
My "Angel Piggies"

"A friend is someone who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in
yourself."