[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Feb 19 03:10:34 EST 2007

Britt

I was so very sorry to read that Brownie "Pumpkin Pig" had finally  given up
his struggle and left for the Rainbow Bridge. I think most of us on  this
digest will have had that experience of nursing a very sick, fiesty piggie
through a long illness and struggling with the decision as to whether or not to
help them on their way. Our Red Dandy was syringe fed for over a month whilst
his weight slowly but unrelentingly fell away, but I simply could not take him
to be killed - not whilst he still seemed to want to eat and want to live. In
the end I drove him from here in France to Cavies Castle in Britain hoping
they  might be able to save him, and it was there he died, in the arms of one of
the  dedicated rodentologists there. They did offer to freeze his body until
I  could fetch it, but I wasn't sure when I could get there, so they buried
him in  their garden alongside another of their own piggies who left for the
Bridge that  same night. And my beloved Cherub was hand-fed from birth; there was
no way on  this earth I could have taken her to be killed. She seemed as
though she might  make it, but slipped away whilst I was out of the country, aged
just 5 weeks. I  needed to see her body, so my partner kept in in the fridge
for me until I got  back, then we buried her in our garden - the first of very
many piggie graves.  It will be 4 years on 10th March since she passed away,
and I still cry each  time I remember her.

Britt very obviously knew he was loved. From all the sad tales I read here
and elsewhere, it seems to me that it is quite an achievement to get a piggie
beyond its fourth birthday, so he was a very respectable age for a piggie, and
 if he had been ill since the beginning of January, you gave him an extra six
 weeks or so of love and comfort. He sounds like a wonderful little
character,  who obviously enjoyed life to the full. Now he is popcorning jubilantly in
that  Rainbow meadow, free from pain and wheeking with enthusiasm at the
delicious  lush grass and juicy dandelions that surround him, and updating your
other Angel  Piggies on what's been going on in your life since they left you.

All of us on here know the pain you are enduring. May it bring one tiny
shred of comfort to know that across the ocean in France, I am praying for you
and your family and wishing you well.

Debbie (and condolences too from the 13 Dolly  Mixtures)