[Gpdd] SILLY (Virtual Olympigs)

family.duffy at virgin.net family.duffy at virgin.net
Tue Feb 20 06:13:54 EST 2007

Mickey (from Team NW Surrey, England) here:It was good to see my name on the LAPS list yesterday. Unfortunately I am only three pounds and half an ounce, not four pounds, but thanks for the compliment!I was wondering what sort of starting blocks we were going to use for the sprint races. I may be a LAPS member but I am a serious contender for the shorter distances. I will, however, need practice for the starting procedure as I am not very disciplined at holding myself back. Every morning our slave comes out and spreads delicious vegetables all over our pen, but she's a bit old and a bit slow because she takes SEVERAL SECONDS to put the ramp in place after opening the hutch door. I can't wait that long so I leap out, ramp or no ramp, and I have taught all my fellow hutch mates how to do this. The ones in the other pen haven't had a teacher so they have to wait until the slave gets her act together. I don't want to get a yellow card for a false start, or (worse) disqualification, so I need to get a set of starting blocks to practise with.Piggyfriends - you say your slave has a green, white and orange national flag. Is she Irish? One of ours is Irish - not the one who tends to our every need, but the one who loves us in his own remote way, by gazing at us through the window and asking "How are the pigs?". He does, however, earn a lot of the vegetable money, and he never seems to mind when new arrivals move in!Must go and do a spot of training before lunch.Mickey