[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] Rodney's Travel Journal Part 1

Hala Annette annettehala at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 13:00:19 EST 2007

The preparations for Rodney’s trip started two years before he ever traveled.  I did tons of research online and called airlines and government departments.  I found out that there aren’t any regulations about bringing a guinea pig into the U.S.  That fact that there wasn’t any regulation for guinea pigs made me nervous because I would rather have something that says it’s okay instead of leaving it ambiguous.  I also found out that the only airline that allows guinea pigs in the cabin is Delta and only on domestic flights.  The other airlines allow dogs, cats, and birds in under seat carriers.  One airline allows rabbits.  Much to our dismay Rodney would have to go in the cargo area.  We were flying United Airlines because they had the most direct flights to Denver.  While on a business trip to the U.S. last March I bought a small kennel at Pet Co. and stopped in at a vet to get a blank health certificate.  We were going to have to get a Japanese vet to write a health
 certificate in English for us.

  To be continued